Date of Update: 10/20/2020

William Hill

Ticker: WMH LN

Theme: Sportsbook

Country: Great Britain

Sector: Consumer Services

This is not a recommendation to buy or sell securities.

 

Company Description:

William Hill is a global leader in sports betting and gaming. The company operates three business segments: (1) Online, (2) Retail, and (3) William Hill U.S. As of 2019, a large majority of revenues were derived in the United Kingdom, with growth efforts focused on the United States and Europe.

In the third quarter 2020, Caesars Entertainment proposed an all-cash acquisition of William Hill for a total purchase price of £2.9 billion.

3 Company Facts:

  • In February 2020, William Hill signed a strategic deal with CBS Sports to operate as the company’s exclusive sportsbook partner. CBS Sports has more than 80 million monthly users.
  • In 2019, William Hill’s online business reported more than 3 million unique players.1
  • In August 2020, William Hill opened a sportsbook at the Capital One Arena in Washington DC, the first ever inside a U.S. sports complex.3

3 Industry Facts:

  • As of 2019, 88% of the the global gambling industry consisted of brick-and-mortar retail, with the remaining 12% taking place online.2
  • The United Kingdom is the world’s largest regulated gambling market, accounting for more than £14 billion in GGR (gross gaming revenue) for the year ended September 2019 (38.6% online).3
  • Prior to the repeal of PASPA, illegal sports betting in the U.S. was estimated to total nearly $200 billion per year in wagers.4

Related Companies: GAN, Scientific Games, Playtech

3 Key Metrics:

  • Online net revenues
  • U.S. market access by state
  • Cash generated from retail operations

This is not a recommendation to buy or sell securities.

Notable Brands:

William Hil Sportsbook logo
William Hill Sportsbook
Caesars Casino & Sportsbook logo
Caesars Casino & Sportsbook
CBS Sports
CBS Sports
Mr. Green logo
Mr. Green

Source(s):